Slow Food UW’s projects could not succeed without the commitment of the students on our communications team and finance team.
We are still searching for 1 more communications intern, if you are interested please email Lily at email@example.com
The communications team manages Slow Food UW’s online presence and writes our weekly newsletters to keep all of our community members up-to-date. They are the voice of our organization, and they work actively to spread the word about the work we do.
Dylan Witte, Director
The finance team directly impacts our mission of fair food for all. They monitor the organization’s financial position to ensure that we provide meals at the lowest cost in order to reach as many individuals we can. This involves a number of different responsibilities including:
- Tracking revenues and expenses at every event we host and throughout the organization as a whole
- Creating and managing fundraising events, including our annual gala
- Apply for private and public grants that allow Slow Food to grow and expand
- Managing our accounts and budgets for all projects
- Filing quarterly sales taxes and annual reports to stay in compliance with applicable regulation
Although these efforts are not public, they are a crucial part of accomplishing our goals and fulfilling our mission of Good, Clean, Fair food for all.
Sophie Lackner & Thomas McKeon, Directors