The Cafe Director position focuses on bridging between all aspects of Cafe (sourcing, cooking/prepping, serving, cleaning), while providing the structural meetings and guidance that allow Cafe to function. Besides helping in the kitchen, the Director lays out the structure of Cafe, including emailing potential cooperative organizations and food groups that you’d like to work with. Knowing the inner workings of Cafe is important, and clear organizational abilities is a must. The director also makes the weekly Facebook event. Cafe service is from 11:30-1:30 every Wednesday, serving local food to around 100+ people each week at a price point of $5-7.
Director will be available Spring 2021 for training on position (around 1-2 hours per week) and carry out director role Fall 2021 (around 13-15 hours per week). Applying for this position is a 2 semester MINIMUM commitment: training in the Spring and full responsibility in the Fall.
Average Time Commitment
13-15 hours per week, depending on efficiency in the kitchen
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Seeing work in the kitchen through
- Working with Cafe Head Chef on progress/direction of the project as a whole
- Creating Weekly Facebook event
- Emailing organizations, restaurants and student organizations to collaborate with for our events
- Help lead Wednesday Cafe service
- Coordinating between volunteers and interns of many backgrounds
- Availability on Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings and afternoons
Interested in applying? Click here!