This intern is responsible for managing all of Cafe’s finances. This intern will work together with the Cafe Director and Head Supplier to manage expenses within the weekly budgets, track Café profit, and coordinate the front of house during weekly services. The Cafe Finance intern works as a liaison between the Cafe team and the Finance Team, and maintains an open line of communication with the Cafe Director and Head Supplier as well as the Finance Director. This intern will also attend weekly finance meetings and will help assist the team with fundraising efforts as needed. Experience with creating and maintaining expense sheets is recommended. However, any candidate may apply as long as they have a willingness to develop these skills.
Average Time Commitment
About 5-6 hours a week. Must be available on Wednesday late morning/early afternoon to manage cash boxes at Cafe.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Closely monitor all of Cafe’s finances–cash, Square Up, and Venmo
- Create weekly expense reports
- Work with the Cafe Director to establish weekly prices for cafe menu items.
- Manage cash boxes at Wednesday Cafes.
- Collaborate with the Finance Director to ensure that Cafe is a financially successful project while still maintaining Slow Food UW’s value to share “good, clean, and fair food for all.”
- Attend weekly finance meetings.
- Assist the Finance Team with other fundraising efforts as needed.
Interested in applying? Click here!