This year long role of Co-Executive Director is to support, manage and facilitate the success of each project within Slow Food UW. The co-executive directors must work together to make proactive decisions and communicate with the rest of the directors. You are involved with every project, and therefore must understand the responsibilities of each, as well as be willing to help and support every branch. This role requires a continuous passion for bettering Slow Food UW, as well as strong commitment to daily and semester long duties. Co-Executive Directors embody Slow Food UW’s mission of “good, clean, fair food for all” inside and outside of daily operations.
It is required that applicants have directed Slow Food UW projects previously.
Average Time Commitment
- +15 hours per week, depending on involvement
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Hold weekly director meetings and schedule weekly and monthly collaborations, fundraisers, and events within parameters of normal operations
- Organize and facilitate a beginning, middle and end of semester all-intern meeting
- Organize and facilitate semesterly Advisory Board meetings
- Exhibit strong communication, delegation and a “team player” attitude to support each project, director, and intern
- Oversee directors in their responsibilities and be available to provide help & support with respect, leadership, and compassion
- Analyze and reevaluate subgroup operations to ensure efficiency and proper execution of weekly events and projects
- Maintain strong communication and collaboration with the Finance Directors and team, ensuring taxes, licenses, insurance, etc. are all up to date
- Maintain strong relationship and communication with The Crossing, make sure the terms of lease are upheld
- Commit to creating and maintaining safe, welcoming, and cooperative spaces at director meetings, in-person projects, in-person meal services, etc.
- Initiate semester hiring processes and provide transitional leadership support between previous and upcoming executive board members