The role of the Communications Director is to share the story of Slow Food UW to the community in the hopes to engage our followers and further increase attendance to our events. The director is responsible for attending our events to curate content for our newsletters and other social media platforms. In addition, the director is responsible for overseeing interns to ensure the weekly tasks are being completed. The overall goal of the Communications position is to oversee the daily tasks, create promotional content and create new ways to engage as many community members as possible.
Average Time Commitment
Roughly 5-8 hours a week
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Create weekly newsletters featuring Slow Food events and other campus events
- Oversee interns to ensure the Slow Food brand is being communicated cohesively through all platforms in a timely manner
- Oversee all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, SFUW Website)
- Create advertising/promotions and set guidelines as to how they can be most effectively executed
- Continuing to implement new ways to engage new followers
- Attend a weekly directors’ meeting
- Attend and lead weekly communication team meetings
Interested in applying? Click here!