Our communications intern position is focused on external and internal communications within the Slow Food UW community. The duties of this position range from sending out our weekly newsletters, to designing posters, to taking photos in addition to posting on our different social media avenues in order to promote our endeavors. Applicants with a passion for getting the word out about local food systems and food justice are encouraged. The ideal candidate must carry an enthusiasm for communicating via digital mediums, participating in many SFUW events, and have experience with design.
Average Time Commitment
3-5 hours per week
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Operate the Slow Food UW email account
- Send out a weekly newsletter
- Engage the Slow Food UW community over our social media platforms
- Create Facebook Events and Instagram Posts notifying the community about our work
- Promote our events and find new ways to increase turnout
- Experience with photography, design and social media is a plus
- Communicate internally with the Slow Food UW student leaders
- Respond to questions and messages from the community through our social media platforms
Interested in applying? Click here!