FDN is a weekly $5, three course meal that features local groups & individuals. Each semester restaurants, student organizations, Slow Food interns & alumni (and more!) are invited to host and guest chef a meal. FDN interns strive to make local, tasty eats affordable, allowing attendees to easily build time to eat with others into their busy schedules. Anyone & everyone are welcome.
4 FDN cooks
3 FDN cooks
FDN Cook Position Description
Plan, prepare, and serve dinner to ~120 community members every Monday night at 6:30 pm. The guest chefs will be found by YOU, who will schedule them at the beginning of the semester. With the chefs, or student organizations, you will plan a locally sourced, fair, clean meal that is within the budget of $5 a plate.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Participate in sourcing local, fair food ingredients
- Coordinate with local chefs, student organizations and other community/campus partners to arrange guest chefs for each Monday night meal
- Help guest chefs prepare a menu
- Be a cooperative and contributing member of a team
- Weekend availability is important for sourcing and prepping
Average Time Commitment: 13-15 hrs/ week to plan, source, prepare, serve, and clean
Please email all FDN internship applications to Giulia Buffa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include a resume and cover letter, which must answer the following questions:
- How did you find out about Slow Food UW?
- How do you interpret “good, clean, fair food for all”?
- Why do you love food?