Family Dinner Night co-directors are responsible for working with the other co-director(s) to create the weekly menus, scaling ingredients, communicating with the sourcing and finance directors, holding weekly meetings, and leading the intern team in the kitchen. Each week, FDN co-directors are responsible for cooking on Sundays, serving on Mondays, keeping interns accountable for their duties, answering kitchen/cooking questions from interns, and directing the kitchen interns during service. The FDN co-director position is for someone equally as passionate about cooking and sustainability and is excited to share that with their interns and the greater UW community. The FDN co-director position requires leadership, communication skills, and flexibility. They will collaborate with chefs or student organizations. They will plan a locally sourced, fair, clean meal that that includes three courses and uses a “Pay What You Can” donation system.
Average Time Commitment
- At least 10 hours per week during the following times:
- 3-6 pm Sundays
- 3:30-9 pm Mondays
- About an additional 1-2 hours per week to plan menus and create sourcing lists
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Must have either already been an FDN intern for a semester or volunteered in the kitchen 5 or more times.
- Coordinate with local chefs, student organizations and other community/campus partners to arrange guest chefs for each Monday night meal
- Help guest chefs prepare a menu
- Assist and lead interns & volunteers throughout the week, answering any questions and stepping in for jobs that may need completion
- Be a cooperative and contributing member of a team
- Ability to improvise in the kitchen when things do not go as planned
- Have fun and create a positive environment!
Interested in applying? Click here!