Plan, prepare, and serve dinner to ~140 community members every Monday night at 6:30 pm. The guest chefs will be found by YOU (Madison chefs, student organizations, community groups), and you will start to schedule them over the summer. With the chefs, or student organizations, you will plan a locally sourced, fair, clean meal that is within the budget of $5 a plate. Director will be available Spring 2021 for training on position (around 1-2 hours per week) and carry out director role Fall 2021 (around 13-15 hours per week). Applying for this position is a 2 semester MINIMUM commitment: training in the Spring and full responsibility in the Fall.
Average Time Commitment
13-15 hours per week, depending on efficiency in the kitchen
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Participate in sourcing local, fair, food ingredients
- Coordinate with local chefs, student organizations and other community/campus partners to arrange guest chefs for each Monday night meal
- Help guest chefs prepare a menu
- Assist and lead interns throughout the week, answering any questions and stepping in for jobs that may need completion
- Be a cooperative and contributing member of a team
- Weekend availability is important for sourcing (Saturday morning), prepping (Sunday afternoon), meal time (3-8pm Monday)
Interested in applying? Click here!