Plan, prepare, and serve dinner to ~140 community members every Monday night at 6:30 pm. The guest chefs will be found by YOU (Madison chefs, student organizations, community groups), and you will start to schedule them over the summer. With the chefs, or student organizations, you will plan a locally sourced, fair, clean meal that is within the budget of $5 a plate.
Average Time Commitment
Total hours spent planning, sourcing, preparing, serving, and cleaning: 14-17 hrs/ week.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Participate in sourcing local, fair, food ingredients
- Coordinate with local chefs, student organizations and other community/campus partners to arrange guest chefs for each Monday night meal
- Help guest chefs prepare a menu
- Assist and lead interns throughout the week, answering any questions and stepping in for jobs that may need completion
- Be a cooperative and contributing member of a team
- Weekend availability is important for sourcing (Saturday morning), prepping (Sunday afternoon), meal time (3-8pm Monday)
Interested in Applying? Click Here!