The FDN Co-Directors will work together with their crew of interns to plan, prepare, and serve dinner to ~140 community members every Monday night at 6:30pm. They will collaborate with interns and directors across Slow Food UW to invite guest chefs (Madison chefs, student organizations, community groups) to help plan a locally sourced, fair, clean meal that is within the budget of a $5 plate.
Average Time Commitment
Total hours spent planning, sourcing, preparing, serving, and cleaning: 10-12 hrs/ week.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Prior kitchen or cooking experience
- Strong communication skills
- Assist and lead interns throughout the week, answering any questions and stepping in for jobs that may need completion
- Be a cooperative and contributing member of a team
- Coordinate with local chefs, student organizations and other community/campus partners to arrange guest chefs for each Monday night meal
- Help guest chefs prepare a menu
- Communicate weekly menu with the FDN Supplier
- Large weekly availability on Sunday afternoons and evenings for meal preparation and Monday afternoons and evenings for meal preparation, service, and clean-up.
Interested in Applying? Click Here!