This intern is responsible for managing all of Family Dinner Night’s finances. This intern is responsible for managing all of FDN’s finances. This intern will work together with the FDN Co-Directors and FDN Supplier to manage expenses within the weekly budgets, track FDN profit, and coordinate the front of house during weekly services. The FDN Finance intern works as a liaison between the FDN team and the Finance Team and maintains an open line of communication with the FDN Co-Directors and FDN Supplier as well as the Finance Director. This intern will also attend weekly finance meetings and will help assist the team with fundraising efforts as needed. Experience with creating and maintaining expense sheets is recommended. However, any candidate may apply as long as they have a willingness to develop these skills.
Average Time Commitment
About 5-6 hours a week. Must be available on Monday evenings to manage cash boxes at FDN.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Meet the general internship requirements listed on the “Internship Requirements” tab
- Closely monitor all of FDN finances–cash, Square Up, and Venmo
- Create weekly expense reports
- Work with the FDN Co-Directors to establish weekly prices for cafe menu items.
- Manage cash boxes at Monday FDNs.
- Collaborate with the Finance Director to ensure that FDN is a financially successful project while still maintaining Slow Food UW’s value to share “good, clean, and fair food for all.”
- Attend weekly finance meetings.
- Assist the Finance Team with other fundraising efforts as needed.