The Slow Food UW mission is developed through the transparency that is established with our menus. We spend time crafting our own menus that directly reflect what is available seasonally. Slow Food UW strives to be as transparent as possible with our sourcing and value the relationships made with each and every food producer, farmer, and food establishment we work with. The FDN Supplier will work closely with the FDN project members and their co-director, the Cafe Supplier, to uphold the transparency of our menus by organizing weekly sourcing operations and attending farmers’ markets around Madison to purchase fresh produce and also help build connections with local wholesale suppliers.
Average Time Committment
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Have an eagerness to get involved with the local Madison food scene.
- Research seasonality and farmers markets open during all four seasons
- Network with all different kinds of farmers ranging in food specialty, scale and ethnicity.
- Act as a liaison between the supplying chain and the kitchen.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to stay on a budget.
- Being a morning person, with a great attitude and easy going approach to challenges is a plus!
- Be available to source on Saturday mornings.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to build relationships with suppliers.
- Strong leadership skills to direct Sourcing interns and volunteers and delegate responsibilities.
- Weekly availability for Directors meeting.
- Access to a vehicle is preferred, but not required.
Interested? Apply here!