Fundraising Co-Directors are responsible for the envisioning, planning, and execution of Slow Food UW’s annual Gala fundraiser. Gala is typically a formal ticketed event held at a local Madison restaurant that consists of a 5 course dinner featuring local/seasonal food and wine pairings, silent auction items, and an opportunity to hear about the happenings of Slow Food UW. The event benefits Slow Food’s food justice volunteer projects in the South Madison branch. Gala will clearly need to be reimagined to work on a distanced or entirely virtual scale this year so we are looking for visionary leaders to help us make this transition happen. Those with experience in self-directed work, team leadership, and project management are encouraged to apply.
Average Time Commitment
Expect to devote 8-15 hours a week on this position. Time commitment will increase as we lead up to the fundraiser’s date.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Manage event from envisioning to execution
- Collaborate with executive directors to reimagine Gala format in Covid times
- Direct and delegate tasks to event planning intern and marketing intern
- Create or follow existing project management timeline
- Find and manage volunteers
Interested in applying? Click here!