All UW-Madison students are eligible to apply. Students are welcome to apply to more than one internship, but will only be accepted for one position. We encourage all students interested in becoming SFUW interns to volunteer with the organization and learn more about the projects and internships prior to/during the application process. Please reach out to us with any questions on the positions or the application!
The specific responsibilities of each internship vary by project and position and can be found in the position description. All interns are expected to participate in SFUW events throughout the semester, and complete the three requirements listed below:
- Orientation – Interns are required to attend the orientation at the beginning of the semester. The orientation is a great way for you to get to know the organization, your project, and your fellow interns before jumping into your internship. Details about the orientation will be sent before each semester by the Executive Directors.
- Mandatory meetings – Interns must attend the two mandatory meetings over the course of the semester. These meetings are 1-2 hours each. We’re not a big fan of meetings for the sake of meeting, but these casual get-togethers allow interns to keep in touch and share the challenges of successes of their internships.
- Interns will develop a better understanding of food system & food justice issues on local & global scales.
- Interns will better understand the food access challenges faced by various Madison communities.
- Interns will develop strong leadership abilities and organization skills that will aid them in their chosen field.
- Interns will develop relationships and connections within the Slow Food UW & greater Madison community.