Global Health & Food Systems Eligible
Slow Food UW’s main operation this semester is our To-Go basket program, providing students and community members with produce baskets sourced from local farmers. With the help of a Dane County PIE Grant, Slow Food UW is expanding the Slow Food To-Go program to our community partners in South Madison. This will be a way for us to continue our mission of supporting local farmers, while also providing fresh produce to families free-of-charge. The Slow Food Logistics South Madison intern will be in charge of transporting produce baskets from the Crossing (1127 University Avenue) to families in the South Madison area. The logistics intern will also be able to assist the Slow Food team in special events, such as collaborations with other organizations or fundraising events. A successful logistics intern is client-facing and adaptive, working towards the logistics team’s collective goal to bring fresh, local food to our clients in an effective manner. Access to a car required.
Average Time Commitment
3-5 hours per week
- Dedication to community service
- Access to an automobile capable of transporting up to 20 baskets of produce
- Flexible to new challenges and occasional chaotic working conditions
- Punctual, quick thinker who can be an asset to the logistics team
- Able to attend weekly finance/logistics meetings (30 min- 1 hr)
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Report to the Crossing (1127 University Avenue) for the distribution time period, most likely on Sundays from 1:30pm-4:15pm.
- Arrange, transport and distribute produce baskets
- Follow COVID-19 guidelines to ensure safe distribution of goods to clients
- Assist in non-recurring events such as organizational collaborations and fundraising events
- Attend weekly logistics meetings to create a more efficient team environment
Interested in applying? Click here!