Market Baskets began as a weekly CSA-style delivery of fruits and vegetables where we partnered with Growing Power Milwaukee, an urban agriculture organization, who focuses on getting fresh food to low-access areas. The program has changed to reach more students on campus. Interns now source for the produce from Madison area Farmers’ Markets biweekly, put together the baskets, and come up with a recipe that uses the produce in that week’s basket. This is a great opportunity for those who are creative with marketing and cooking. If you are interested in supplying on wheels (more information on page 15) please mention in your application.
Average Time Commitment
3-4 hours per week sourcing, prepping materials, advertising, and distributing the baskets
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manage the online ordering account through Square
- Source basket contents from a variety of local grocers, farmers, and markets
- Communicate with customers and deliver good customer service
- Actively expand the program
- Distribute baskets to customers
- Generate recipes for the produce in the basket
- Brainstorm and participate in marketing and promotion
Interested in applying? Click here!