This internship involves providing snacks for elementary and middle school students participating in the Afterschool Expeditions program at the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery (WID) and a variety of community centers on Monday afternoons from 2:00-4:15pm. Interns teach kids about the intersection of food and science with engaging hands-on activities, and of course a snack at the end of the lesson! This internship is great for those with a passion for STEM or education related fields.
Note: This position requires more travel than others, so having reliable transportation is helpful but not required.
Average Time Commitment
3-5 hours/week sourcing and prepping snacks/activities
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Source locally
- Ability to lesson plan interactive activities
- Basic scientific knowledge
- Actively engage participants in the snack workshop.
- Enjoy working with young children
- Good communication skills to maintain relationships with staff, youth, families, and fellow interns
Interested in applying? Click here!