The South Madison Evaluation Intern will be tasked with creating and implementing evaluation metrics for this project. Our South Madison branch is our largest branch of Slow Food UW. It consists of nearly 7 projects that work with South Madison youth at 4 locations including the Boys and Girls, Goodman Library, Villager Mall, and the WID. The goal of our South Madison projects are to advance food justice by increasing familiarity with different foods, and teaching youth how to garden and cook. Every week, South Madison interns have a class during our Family Dinner Night meals on Mondays from 6:30-7:30pm where they learn more about food justice within the historical context of South Madison. We hope to improve how we run our activities using data, as well as assess our impact overtime with an ever changing group of youth and interns. Further, we hope to assess internship experiences to help reduce intern turnover.
Average Time Commitment
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Attend South Madison class on Monday’s (option to receive credit!!)
- Attend all 3 required org-wide meetings
- Attend weekly or biweekly team meeting
- Determine evaluation metrics that can produce valuable feedback
- Convey findings to help interns improve throughout the semester
Interested in applying? Click here!