The goal of Teen Cooking Night is to show young adults that they can have a tasty meal or snack using healthy alternatives that they may not necessarily be used to. We want to introduce simple cooking skills through meals that they could recreate at home for themselves. It is also important to develop relationships with them. Teen Cooking Night is an after-school program hosted by The Taft Street Boys and Girls Club. The program takes place weekly in the early evening.
Average Time Commitment
3-4 hours per week grocery shopping, planning, and hosting activities.
Thursdays at 6:30-8pm
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Source locally
- Using public transportation or bike (if no access to car) to get to the Boys and Girls Club once a week
- Ability to plan source, and lead simple cooking activities once a week
- Enjoys working with teens
- Relaxed, easy-going, and comfortable with chaos
- Ability to be assertive and friendly at the same time
- Experience working with community partners preferred, but not required
- Good communication skills to maintain relationships with staff, teens, and fellow intern
Interested in applying? Click here!