Good, clean, fair food for all.
Dr. Lydia Zepeda PhD will be presenting a food security, food sovereignty, and social justice workshop!
When: January 28th at 3pm
Where: The basement of the Crossing (1127 University Ave., Madison, WI)
“Slow Food assures us of a better quality lifestyle. With a snail purposely chosen as its patron and symbol, it is an idea and a way of life that needs much sure but steady support.”
Our mission is to promote affordable access to good, clean, and fair food by engaging our community in a food system that is socially, economically, and environmentally just.
- Develop a deeper understanding amongst the community of the Slow Food movement’s core values.
- Connect future generations with a positive food experience.
- Create a safe, inclusive, and anti-oppressive space where each person is free to connect with their food, themselves, and the community in a way that they need.
- Provide food options that nourish a variety of dietary needs.
- Present food as a transformative and interconnected process instead of a mere commodity.
- Build and strengthen relationships with student and community organizations.
- Foster relationships with food producers who are aligned with our mission.
- Create and maintain a leadership structure that is accountable and responsible to those involved in our organization as a whole and to the slow food community at large.
- Provide an alternative educational space where people can develop consciousness and build life skills.
- Further encourage engagement in our community through development and integration of our membership program.