Good, clean, fair food for all.
Celebrate Slow Food UW’s 10 year anniversary!
When: April 23rd, 2017 at 5pm
Where: Graze Madison, 1 S Pickney St., Madison, WI 53703
What: A silent auction and six course meal featuring local Madison chefs.
Johnny Hunter – Underground Food Collective
Tory Miller – Graze/L’Etoile/Estrellon/Sujeo
Francesco Mangano – Osteria Papavero
Francesa Hong – Morris Ramen
Patrick DePula – Salvatore’s Pizza
Matt Scheible – Harvest
Why: All proceeds go to our programs and volunteering in the South Madison community.
See official invite here.
Questions? Contact us!
*There is a limited supply of tickets, and with selling out very early last year, buy your tickets now!
“Slow Food assures us of a better quality lifestyle. With a snail purposely chosen as its patron and symbol, it is an idea and a way of life that needs much sure but steady support.”
Our mission is to promote affordable access to good, clean, and fair food by engaging our community in a food system that is socially, economically, and environmentally just.
- Develop a deeper understanding amongst the community of the Slow Food movement’s core values.
- Connect future generations with a positive food experience.
- Create a safe, inclusive, and anti-oppressive space where each person is free to connect with their food, themselves, and the community in a way that they need.
- Provide food options that nourish a variety of dietary needs.
- Present food as a transformative and interconnected process instead of a mere commodity.
- Build and strengthen relationships with student and community organizations.
- Foster relationships with food producers who are aligned with our mission.
- Create and maintain a leadership structure that is accountable and responsible to those involved in our organization as a whole and to the slow food community at large.
- Provide an alternative educational space where people can develop consciousness and build life skills.
- Further encourage engagement in our community through development and integration of our membership program.