Have you worked in a kitchen before? Have you ever wanted to run one? The Kitchen Management Intern will become Food ServSafe certified in the state of Wisconsin (depending on the year in school) and will be a resource to all other Slow Food interns about Food Safety inquiries. This person ideally is eager about working in a kitchen, adaptable, and can work well with others.
Average Time Commitment
- 1 – 2hrs/week of kitchen work
- Wednesday after 2:30 or Thursday morning/afternoon
Responsibilities and Expectations
The kitchen intern will collaborate weekly independently to:
- Ensure proper equipment use/maintenance by performing weekly/semesterly service checks
- Perform general kitchen organization including cleaning tasks, weekly organizational projects, managing supply orders, and regulation of meal service cleaning logs
- Track storage amounts and location for all dry, refrigerator, and freezer goods through a Google spreadsheet weekly with the Sourcing team
- Communicate regularly with all directors about all kitchen projects and updates
The kitchen intern position is a starting point for anyone interested in foodservice management/kitchen administration. Responsibilities of this position will be aided by Co-Executive Director & Kitchen Management Director, Angelina Mico, and Sourcing Co-Directors & Interns. The intern will gain leadership, communication, and kitchen management experience. This position is extremely vital for all foodservice operations at Slow Food UW.
Interested in applying? Click here!