The SFUW Cafe is a student run, not for profit weekly cafe held every Wednesday from 11:30-1:30pm. We operate at the caliber of any other food establishment while having limited hours. We offer locally sourced, sustainable food on the University of Wisconsin Madison campus for very affordable and transparent prices ($5-8 for a main, 2 sides and dessert). As an intern, you are expected to attend one weekly menu planning meeting and be present during prep time as much as possible in order to help the Cafe run smoothly.
1 head chef
1 head supplier
Open Positions for Spring 2019
1 head supplier
To apply for a Cafe internship please email Zoë Snyder (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 28th at midnight to set up an interview. Please indicate which position you are applying for in the email subject line. In the email, please include questions you have about the positions as well as a cover letter, which must answer the following questions:
Please send your answers to the following questions to Zoë Snyder (email@example.com) including a resume.
- What position are you applying for? Why are you interested in this position specifically?
- How did you hear about Slow Food UW?
- How do you interpret “good, clean, fair food for all”?
- What makes you a good candidate for this position?
- How do you feel you work in a team? And what role do you normally fill?
- Please give an example of a time that you have adapted your behavior in a team setting based on constructive criticism.
- What cooking experience do you have, if any, and why do you like to cook?
- What is your schedule like for next semester? (Please include a schedule ofclasses, other jobs/internships/organizations, etc.Please follow the link below for the specific descriptions on each position.