The South Madison Co-Directors play an important role in supporting the South Madison interns with their projects. They divide duties such as project finances, emails, project logistics, and volunteering among them. An understanding of leadership, co-dependence and independence, and working in a chaotic atmosphere is important. South Madison is the largest program in Slow Food UW and requires a lot of time and attention. Dedication to community service must be highly prioritized.
Average Time Commitment
The time commitments of the South Madison Co-Directors vary greatly week to week. Prepare to put in anywhere from 8-13 hours a week a week supporting interns, attending class, and attending to administrative concerns.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Dedication to community service
- Prior knowledge of community development, racial disparities, and economic classism preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to work in a large group and with a co-director as a partner
- Open minded and flexible to new challenges and occasional chaotic working conditions
- Supporting interns in their projects with resources and tools necessary to succeed (ex. Transportation, emotional/mental support, volunteer coordinating, etc.)
- Attend weekly directors’ meetings and South Madison classes (on Monday nights at 6:30pm)
Interested in applying? Click here!